The World Health Organization noted in a 2017 report that CBD does not cause addiction, lacks psychoactivity and has promising therapeutic uses. Five years later, different studies have proved its rehabilitative value in certain ailments. However, many people still have doubts about whether CBD has side effects. At Phexia we don't want you to have any doubts. We tell you all about them.
How to take CBD?
You've probably already learned about what CBD is and the many benefits it brings to your body and mind. If you haven't tried it yet, it is normal that you are worried about its impact on your body. Let us tell you one thing in advance: its use does not cause psychoactive alterations or significant side effects.
CBD interacts with the human body through the endocannabinoid system, whose function is to balance our organism. The possible side effects may be related to the doses we use and the way it is administered. At Phexia we have three types of products in which you are going to find different concentrations of CBD, depending on what your needs are. Let's take a look at them:
- CBD creams. Especially indicated for athletes for its anti-inflammatory effect, which relieves muscle pain after exercise and promotes recovery. Phexia's catalog has three types of recovery creams: for before training (with heat effect), for after training (cold effect) and for injury treatment (combines the cold-warm effect).
- CBD oil. The benefits are very numerous and its application serves to reduce anxiety, improve concentration or relieve anxiety, among others. The use of CBD oil to sleep also achieves very good results.
- Cosmetics with CBD. Especially indicated for skin care. They prevent premature aging and promote skin recovery, among other benefits.
Side effects associated with CBD
The WHO notes that it is a component that is well tolerated and has a good safety profile. The truth is that any type of side effects identified with CBD are very mild, hardly any discomfort. In this case, it is the same as with other products that are applied to the human body, which can cause easily controllable reactions that are not common. Here are some of them.
- Fatigue. In some cases, the relaxing action of CBD oil has side effects and can cause episodes of tiredness.
- Lowering of blood pressure. This can be annoying for people with particularly low blood pressure, who will need to use CBD in smaller doses.
- Dry mouth. This is a rare side effect of CBD, but has been identified by some users.
- Headache. It is usually suffered by patients who start taking it and use CBD in high doses or concentrate several intakes in a short time.
- Absence of positive effect. In this case it is not a side effect per se, but it generates the frustration of observing that the product does not work as expected. Here we explain why CBD may not work for you and how to solve it.
Tips to avoid CBD side effects
An unavoidable recommendation is that the consumer should only purchase and consume CBD that has been elaborated and tested by expert professionals. Any product that has not been analyzed by independent laboratories and endorsed by scientific advisors can have harmful effects. In Phexia all safety standards are met, and you even have at your disposal the scientific reports of the laboratories of each product.
Beyond this essential point, there are certain suggestions that will help you avoid suffering side effects with CBD. Here they are:
- Gradually increase the doses. If you have never consumed a solution with this component, start with the lowest doses and increase as your body adapts to them.
- Choose products from reliable brands. It is important that you can verify that they have been subjected to scientific analysis by third parties. This guarantees that there are no contaminants in the product and that they have passed all the tests that guarantee the highest quality.
- Start with a trial-and-error consumption system. As we said, in no case is it harmful to your health, but the best way to assess and eliminate CBD side effects is to try it. If you notice that your body reacts with some discomfort to any of the products, try lower doses or administer it at other times until the consequence disappears, however slight it may be.
- Ask any doubt to the manufacturer. Choose products from companies that allow you to interact with them in case of any question. You can contact Phexia to solve any doubt about CBD and its side effects.
What is the ideal CBD dosage depending on the problem?
This is the crux of the matter. The dosage of CBD that each person needs will depend on multiple factors, including body build and the way your body reacts to its effects. As mentioned above, and considering that it is a safe component, it is best to do a trial and error exercise in case you notice any side effects.
Anyway, depending on the problem you want to treat, we can establish an approximation of the dosage.
Light dosage. Use a low concentration (at Phexia you have product from 5-10% concentration) if you want to use CBD to improve these problems:
- Mild insomnia or difficulty sleeping.
- Mild stress.
- Improve mood.
- Increase concentration.
- Local anti-inflammatory treatment.
- Skin care and anti-aging process.
Medium and high doses. Efficacy for certain ailments requires a higher concentration of CBD.
- Migraine headaches.
- Menstrual pain.
- High anxiety.
- Neuropathic or chronic pain.
As we said, CBD efficiency and dosage depends on many factors such as age or weight and your body's own reactions. Anyway, the best thing to do is to try it. Your body will tell you what dosage you need.
As with any supplement or wellness-enhancing method, everyone has a different reaction. What you can be absolutely sure of is that all Phexia products are completely natural, safe and effective and have passed through the hands of scientific professionals who guarantee their reliability. The appearance of side effects when taking CBD is not common. If it happens to you, use a lower concentration or simply consult with our specialists, they will give you the most appropriate answer.